Overall responsible for handling the administration, management and maintenance of Oracle and MS-SQL Server Databases. Being responsible for system capacity planning, optimizing, and development of DB in order to ensure high system resources availability to meet business requirements. Supporting application operation activities related data warehouse and application security tasks .
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Provide assistance on development of the conceptual and logical database design.
• Participate by design, review and implementing database migration procedures.
• Assisting in product installation and specify the initial installation options for Oracle and MS-SQL database server.
• Responsible for developing and applying database operational and maintenance procedures.
• Responsible for supporting monitoring and tuning the database subsystems and instances
• Developing required database utilities. Supporting application developers in the testing of database application.
• Developing and implementing database administration policies and procedures including subsystem and instances security guidelines.
• Administration of the entire Oracle / MS-SQL databases running on the UNIX/ Linux/ Windows platforms
• Coordinate and implement Database Minimum Baseline Security Standards based and on the Group and Company requirement.
• Set and implement backup/recovery for applications/databases, tables/indexes.
• Establish and maintain appropriate backup strategies for all databases and application server environments within the enterprise.
• Plan and implement a disaster recovery strategy for the Database Servers.
• Monitor database performance and propose solution on optimisation and expansion.
• Maintain Oracle/MS-SQL database Servers running in Unix/Windows platforms for evaluating and testing service packs, patches, and third party tools
• Identify and proactively respond to potential system problems, troubleshoot and correct any problems that affect operation of the environment.
• Troubleshoot database issues till the resolution.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
• Deep knowledge of all RDBMS products such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL running on the heterogeneous platforms as Unix, Linux and Windows.
• Strong knowledge of cursor, stored procedures and database optimisation
• Knowledge of working with databases which are accessed from a website
• Knowledge in SQL scripting languages.
• Experience of SQL Server Clustering log-shipping and transactional replication in a HA environment.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Hold a relevant degree on Computer Science, Engineering or IT
• Excellent knowledge of English (speaking and writing )