Balkan Finance Investment Group, BALFIN Group, is one of the most significant and successful investment groups in the Western Balkans region. Geographically, BALFIN Group is present in Austria, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro and the Netherlands, employing approximately 5,100 people. The activities of the BALFIN Group comprise the development and management of real estate, retail, mining industry, banking, tourism, energy, logistics, etc. BALFIN Group is growing steadily, having a positive impact on the communities through economic development, employment opportunities, innovation and social investment.
Job position: Information Security Specialist
Department: Information Systems
Summary: The Information Security Specialist assists in detecting, investigating, and defending against information security incidents targeting the company’s system and data.
• Monitors and analyzes systems logs daily to identify systems security trends and assess the security effectiveness of installed systems based on analysis of reported security problems.
• Performs continuous information security assessments on IT systems, infrastructure and applications
• Assists in deployment and management of security infrastructure solutions such as Firewall, Antivirus Protection, Spam Prevention, SIEM, Vulnerability Management and other security systems.
• Engages in incident response activities and ensure security incidents are properly detected, contained, eradicated, and recovered.
• Participates in identifying, remediating, and/or mitigating vulnerabilities in the environment, ensuring appropriate response to high risk and aged findings.
• Ensures compliance with security policies and standards
• Offers support to application development, network, server, database and storage teams regarding new technologies, services and system requirements.
• Recommends and implement changes to enhance security controls and prevent unauthorized access.
• Assists with the development of the security education and awareness training program and provide continuous training to internal staff.
• Reports to the team lead and close communication with the IT team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, or related field.
• Previous experience in information systems administration, information security or other areas of information technology is preferred.
• Working knowledge in the fields of information security, project management, business applications, database systems, networking infrastructure, information systems operations, maintenance and support.
• Experience with managing system configurations of solutions like Patch Management, Antivirus Protection, Firewall Management, Spam Prevention, Asset Hardening, Vulnerability Detection, and Incident Response
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills are essential
• Advanced level of English.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently in an autonomous environment
Work conditions: BALFIN Group offers an attractive benefit package, including a fair remuneration based on merit and performance evaluation.
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and a Motivation Letter here.
* All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality according to the law No. 9887 set by the Albanian Parliament for the "Protection of Personal Data".